Submit A Program Proposal
Inspire your students by leading them out of the classroom and into the world!
St. John's always welcomes proposals for short-term, faculty-directed programs whether they are stand-alone courses traveling in winter or summer, or as embedded travel courses with fall or spring New York coursework complemented by time abroad. In order to facilitate a faculty-directed program abroad, please follow the steps outlined below.
The deadline for proposing Winter & Spring 2020 programs is March 15th, 2019
The deadline for proposing Summer & Fall 2020 programs is August 15th, 2019
1. Read the Provost's Message from the Provost.
2. Review the Faculty Handbook for Short-Term Study Abroad Programs and St. John's Policy on Family and Visitors.
3. Review the deadlines for Winter/Spring programs or for Summer/Fall programs for an overview of the procedural deadlines once the program is approved.
4. Submit a OIE Faculty-Directed Program Proposal Form to your chair for approval. The form must accompanied by an updated, destination-specific electronic syllabus, a breakdown of the academic contact hours, a draft itinerary with a day-by-day breakdown of the time spent abroad, and an anticipated budget for the program covering accommodations, transportation costs, and program site visits. Once your chair has approved the proposal, you should forward the entire proposal packet to both your dean and to Greg Bruhn, Director of OIE, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tobin College of Business faculty must submit a proposal for a Global Destination Course to Dean Sama.
5. Final approved proposal forms are due in due to OIE on the following deadline schedule:
- Winter and Spring Programs: March 15th of the prior spring
- Summer and Fall Programs: August 15th of the prior summer
Once the approved proposal form has been passed on to the OIE, we will contact you to schedule a meeting to discuss your program at length. At that time, we ask that you be prepared to discuss the logistics, budgeting, recruitment strategies, compensation, and any other questions or concerns that you may have.